[U-Boot-Users] Resubmit of PATCH MPC82XX RevA Support

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Fri Sep 24 12:45:51 CEST 2004

    Jon> Wolfgang, The following resubmission of the patch by Gridish
    Jon> Shlomi adds support for the revA version of PQ27 and PQ27E.  I
    Jon> believe that this will fix the problems reported on this list a
    Jon> week or two ago and discussed here:

    Jon>     RE: [U-Boot-Users] MPC8272ADS and uboot program check

    Jon> Please let me know if this patch doesn't apply against the
    Jon> current top-of-CVS.

The patch contains three unrelated changes. I2C works OK now (I use it
to read SPD EEPROMs). If you don't even check your patches against CVS,
do you know if it's still OK?

    Jon> This patch obsoletes the previous patch I submitted earlier
    Jon> with the subject "PATCH MPC82XX RevA Support".

    Jon> * Patch by Gridish Shlomi, 30 Aug 2004:
    Jon>   Added support to revA version of PQ27 and PQ27E.  Reverted
    Jon>   baudrate back to original 115200 after unexplained change to
    Jon>   38400 from rev 1.16 to 1.17.

The change is very well explained: 38400 is Linux default and also
default value for many other boards. What's unexplained is why you're
changing things without even notifying board port maintainer.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel