[U-Boot-Users] serial: polling or interrupt based?

T Michael Turney tmike at recipes4linux.com
Fri Sep 24 16:59:52 CEST 2004

Wolfgang has repeatedly said on this list that
u-boot is single-threaded and polled.

With u-boot as a single-threaded environment,
I don't know what you buy with the interrupt
other than knowledge on how to do it.

If you do want the experience, you have to create
an interrupt routine that knows how to service the
hardware and feed the u-boot COMM-port mechanism.

If you're looking for an example ISR for the hardware
servicing, look in the Linux code.
Cheers,
T.mike