[U-Boot-Users] Re: arm925t - allow any stack size

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Wed Apr 6 22:53:05 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:31:13PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Ummm... can you explain why you have to configure  a  stack  size  at
> all?  The  memory  map  should be set such that the stack has all the
> available memory to grow, so if I see someeone configuring  a  "stack
> size" I feel there must be a fundamental problem in this code.

Ummm... I wouldn't expect such question from principal U-Boot author :)
To be honest I didn't verify all startup code carefuly and as far as I
remember CONFIG_STACKSIZE was always there. I remember you told me that
ARM port is a bit broken and should be fixed. I can try it if I ever
find some time, but it would be very helpfull if you show me the path.

My patch only removes limitation for malloc pool size and stack size to
be directly loadable to register as a constant. Now it is probably time
to think about it a bit more...

Best regards,
	ladis