[U-Boot-Users] MPC8245 custom board, Linux kernel hangs after uncompressing

Daniel Ann ktdann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:04:37 CEST 2005

On 4/21/05, Kishore Devireddy <kishorekrd at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. Is there any embedded linux available for the artis A3000 type of board?

You're keep referring to A3000, I'm just wondering why. A3000 is a
reference board from Artis Micro. Its referencing MPC8245. But artis
have stopped rolling out this model for something like 2 years now.
And trying to find linux ported for this model would be quite hard.

Alternative is to use Sandpoint8245.

After using A3000 myself, it worked well with the custom image
(ppcboot 1.1.6) but putting on no customized version of u-boot
(latest), it failed short in many aspect. So, my guess is that, even
if your board is one off A3000, you still have to do some hard work to
port for your board.

Alternatively, you could try getting answers from GDA Technologies
(www.gdatech.com). They did the porting for A3000 model. I tried
getting answers from Artis Micro Systems, and got no helpful answer
but "we have stopped supporting this model" reply. :P

--
Daniel