[U-Boot-Users] Unable to set U-Boot stdin and stdout environm ent variables to "n c"

David, Albert Albert.David at barco.com
Mon Aug 8 17:01:49 CEST 2005

Dear Mr.Wolfgang,

>Did you enable the netconsole feature in your board configuration (by
#defining CONFIG_NETCONSOLE inyour board config file) ?
Yes after defining CONFIG_NETCONSOLE in my board config file I could access
U-Boot shell through network! But after rebooting my target, console is back
to serial! I have changed environment variables 'stdin' 'stdout' to "nc" and
saved using 'saveenv' command.  Is there anything am I missing?? How do I
make my target to use netconsole always?
g am I missing??
I have already googled for more information on U-boot netconsole but
couldn't find answer to my problem!

>You did not indicate otherwise, so we must treat this  as  privileged and
confidential  information  and  sent  the  police for >you as you
distributed such information on publich media.

Sorry It was my exchange server who appended my mail with "DISCLAIMER"! I
request you please ignore "DISCLAIMER" message! Or else in feature I can use
my public server mail ID(gmail) to post my queries! But please don't send
the police!!!

>> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C59B18.1ABEC05A
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
>And *never* post HTML to this list. *Never*.

Hope this message doesn't contain any HTML information!

Best regards,
Albert David.
- - - - - - - DISCLAIMER- - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.