[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot for M9328MX1ADS/M9328MXLADS Ver 2.0 board

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Wed Aug 17 13:42:42 CEST 2005

I got some further information.
I'm pretty sure that imxfs2 has nothing to do with Freescale's ADS:
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/?action=list&id=470,
while imx1ads refers to the M9328MX1ADS/M9328MXLADS version 1.0 that
is equipped with SyncFlash. For more details please see
http://www.freescale.com/files/wireless_comm/doc/MX1_L_ADS_CHANGES.zip.
I noted that, between 1.0 and 2.0, SDRAM differs too.
So ADS 2.0 is not supported by U-Boot. Anybody started porting U-Boot
to this board? Any (even preliminary) patches available?

>I have on my desktop a M9328MX1ADS/M9328MXLADS Ver 2.0.
>This board is equipped with two Am29PDL127H63VKI Flash memories.
>I'm a little bit confused about which configuration I should use for this
>board.
>IIUC mx1ads configuration is used for the 1.0 version of the board that is
>equipped
>with synchronous flash memories, so mx1fs2 is the right configuration. Is
>it correct?

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it