[U-Boot-Users] How is the "ba 0xfff80000" located at 0xfffffffc ?

腾飞龙 jinlongwei at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:33:48 CET 2005

     As in Embedded Planet EP405 board, ppc405GPr processor support
high boot only, when Power On or reset, the processor starts at
0xfffffffc and the code is executed from flash/rom. There is usually a
branch instruction(such as: ba target) in 0xfffffffc so that it can
jump to the target. For example, if i set TEXT_BASE=0xfff80000 in
u-boot,it means the instruction "ba 0xfff80000" is in 0xfffffffc. My
questions are follow:
  1 where can i find the branch instruction "ba 0xfff80000" in
u-boot-1.1.3 code? it seems it is not in start.s
  2 As we know, before u-boot is written to flash the first time,
there is nothing in flash. when we write u-boot in flash from addr
0xfff80000, how is the branch instruction written to addr 0xfffffffc
which is not neigbour to u-boot code body?
  Thank you and best wishes!