[U-Boot-Users] decrease boot time

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 14 20:44:22 CET 2005

In message <20050214134140.GA24678 at synertronixx3> you wrote:

> > 0.082 Err:   serial
> > 0.213 Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
>
> What is happening here?
>
> > 0.233    Entry Point:  08008000
> > 0.442 OK

> And here? Is the "OK" the last thing u-boot says?

No. The "OK" gets printed after successful checksum verification.

> When "Starting kernel ......." comes, is the image copyed already and the dots
> visualize decompressing?

Yes. And this is the last message you'll see from U-Boot.

BTW: You can easily find this out yourself by reading the source code
- "lib_arm/armlinux.c" is just a few lines of code.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.