[U-Boot-Users] Problem uncompressing kernel image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 25 21:07:47 CET 2005

In message <2D9AB865A49FD511914700105A0EF67901C6F271 at morse.smart.lfk.eads.net> you wrote:

> I now have U-Boot running fine on my self designed, PPC603e-based
> board.

Congrats.

> First, I start U-Boot from flash memory, located at 0xff800000.
> After it runs, I load the kernel multi-image to RAM, which is located
> from
> 0x00000000 to 0x007fefff, at address 0x00600000.

Do you really have less than 8 MB of RAM? You will have  hard  times
of getting Linux to run...

> Using the 'imi 0x00600000'-command, i get the output:
>
> => imi 0x00600000

0x00600000 = 6 MB... Try a higher load  address  (assuming  you  have
enough RAM).

> What could be the problem?
> I calculated the sizes and i am _nearly_ sure, that nothing is
> overwritten.

I'm not. Get more RAM.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You got to learn three things. What's  real,  what's  not  real,  and
what's the difference."           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_