[U-Boot-Users] Trouble w/GLOBAL_DATA_PTR on PXA255

Craig A. Vanderborgh craigv at voxware.com
Wed Jan 12 03:12:41 CET 2005

Hello Booters,

I am having some strange problems with "gd" on PXA255.  Basically, I am
experiencing intermittent memory corruption (e.g. a reported RAM size of
3955MB) and the like.  DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR is defined as:

#define DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR     register volatile gd_t *gd asm ("r8")

on ARM platforms.  I guess the question is then - what is supposed to be
in r8, and where is this supposed to be set up?  It looks like the setup
for "gd" is simply incorrect for my platform, but I am not sure how it
supposed to be.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh