[U-Boot-Users] .../board/fads/flash.c confuses me - give me a hint

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Wed Jan 12 18:21:45 CET 2005

> There must ne some strange fascination about the FADS port. I  really
> wonder  why  everybody  is  picking  one  of the most complicated and
> poroblematic ports...

I have an idea / a strong suggestion:
Maybe it's that this port seems to "fit" so many different CPUs and
configurations that every Newbie thinks that he/she could easily copy
the "right" parts of the code from there; while trying to do so, Mr. or
Mrs. Newbie get lost in the super-enhanced or just wildly grown and
tricky FADS code.

> Pleas ehave a loot at least at some other drivers, too.

I had and will have.

> Forget what the FADS is doing. Think about what is  needed  for  your
> own hardware, and implement this.

I'll do as I lack other options. I think it's recommended to develop the
port for "my" hardware based upon 1.1.2? I started when 1.1.1 was the
latest version.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Peter Asemann