[U-Boot-Users] starting with u-boot

Paul Ruhland pruhland at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 02:42:33 CET 2005

Zhu Yong <zhu.mm.yong at gmail.com> wrote
> > You should set TEXT_BASE in the scope of 0x200000,
> > one
> > address which reset vector locates in FLASH
> > according
> > to your hardware configuration.

What you describe may be how it works for PPC platforms but not for ARM.

For the ARM platforms, TEXT_BASE is the location of U-Boot in RAM.  You
program the binary to the location your cpu executes on reset...the start of
a flash bank.  This is for the few arm920 based SoCs I've worked on or seen.