[U-Boot-Users] Patch for Cirrus Logic EDB9312

Cory Tusar ctusar at videon-central.com
Tue Jan 18 16:57:54 CET 2005

llandre wrote:
>> > here
>> http://www.dave-tech.it/download/misc/sw/edb93xx/u-boot-edb93xx-3 is
>> > available for download a patch for Cirrus Logic EDB93xx.
>> > It has been tested on EDB9312.
>> > This patch is based on current CVS repository so it exploits Steven
>> Scholz's
>> > SoC patch. See the attachment for the CHANGELOG.
>>
>> Sorry, but I reject this patch. It violates too many  of  the  Coding
>> Style  requirements  (C++ comments, trailing white space, no TABs for
>> indentation, actually TERRIBLE indentation, etc.)
>>
>> Please cleanup, reformat (using indent etc.) and resubmit.
>

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> to support this board I used several existing files that were
> not written following U-Boot coding rules :(
> Also I don't have the board anymore.
> I had a look at our web site usage statistics and a lot of people
> downloaded
> the patch I released. Anybody can help about cleaning it up?

I'm in the process of cleaning this up, and verifying functionality on
all EDB93xx variants, as I've got easy access to all of the boards.
There were several issues I resolved in bringing U-Boot up on EDB9301
hardware (notably broken ethernet drivers), along with a mess of cruft
begging to be cleaned out.  Unfortunately this is a side-project of a
current development effort, and so not something I can commit terribly
many hours to.

-Cory

--
Cory T. Tusar
Embedded Systems Engineer

     by definition, not smart enough to debug it."  --Brian W. Kernighan