[U-Boot-Users] MIPS build environment

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Sat Jan 29 03:13:23 CET 2005

Hello all MIPS u-booters.

I'd like to discuss how we can make the MIPS
build environment a little bit easier to use.  For
example, the cpu/mips/config.mk assumes big
endian, and although I'll be the first to stand up
and say that's the only proper and useful byte
ordering, there are people willing to pay me
to assist with the alternative :-)  I'd like it if
we can just find a way to invoke 'mipseb-*'
or 'mipsel-*' based upon the configuration
chosen and let it go at that.

I'd also like us to agree to use up to date tools.
Again, the config.mk with the test and hard coded
flags depending upon tools seems unnecessary
since the newer tools have been around for a
while and proven to work.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I also have
to use binutils with the 'allow_branch_to_undefined'
patch.

Comments?  Other concerns?

Thanks.

	-- Dan