[U-Boot-Users] Setting up reset on the EP885C

Will Haines will.haines at embedded-sys.com
Tue Jul 12 19:43:52 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am still trying to get my port of u-boot to the EP885C to run.  When I use the
Planet Core bootloader on this board it seems to execute from address 0xFC000000
in flash, so I set the text base and monitor base to this value.  When I program
the binary to the board using a BDM, I can see the u-boot string at 0xFC000000.
 However, when I try to run from 0xFC000000 or 0xFC000100 I get no display at
all, and the BDM reads -TARGET: STOPPED.  Also, when I try to just program to
flash and then reset the board it seems as if no code is executing.

Can anyone verify that 0xFC000000 is the correct flash location for an EP885C?
Also, I am thinking that by resetting the hard reset configuration word, I could
force the board to jump to the correct instruction location, but I am at a loss
to figure out how to change the hrcw's value.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated--I can't test to see what works if the code won't even execute.

Thanks in advance,
Will Haines