[U-Boot-Users] ack problem in common/soft_i2c.c?

Thomas Kastner thomas.kastner at marekmicro.de
Fri Jul 22 13:38:35 CEST 2005

Andrew Dyer wrote:
> I am working with the soft i2c code on my target and I believe
> there is a problem in the send_ack() function.

[snip]
> In my case changing the order to:
>
> I2C_SCL(0);
> I2C_DELAY;
> I2C_ACTIVE;

I ported U-Boot to the AT91M55800A (ARM7DTMI) which has multi-driver
capable GPIOs, but didn't want to spend the time to change the I2C code
and left the ACTIVE/TRISTATE mechanism - and also came across the same
problem.
A 24C08 worked fine, but e.g. a ADV7181 would only give me a few
consecutive reads.

So yes, I can confirm there is a problem and also that the above
mentioned fix is OK.

Thomas
--
Thomas Kastner