[U-Boot-Users] Silicon Image 0680A and CF-ATA drive

Sam Pham anhmn at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 22:41:22 CEST 2005

--- Rune Torgersen <runet at innovsys.com> wrote:

> Which is excactly what I am doing on real HW. The
> base address define is
> set to a variable that I use pci_find_device() and
> base address register
> 5 to set the address of.

I also use pci_find_device() to get the bdf value of
the Sil 0680A device on the PCI bus, then use this bdf
to allocate memory for BARs.  And according to the
datasheet, I/O space access, memory space access, and
bus master operation need to be enabled as well.  So
some implementation are needed besides changing the
config params.  Moreover, since I'd like to support
POST for this device and the CF-ATA drives that
connect to it, my driver needs to do more than these
basic steps.