[U-Boot-Users] mcf5272 hanging while relocating

Friedrich Lobenstock f.lobenstock at scottygroup.com
Thu Jun 2 01:06:40 CEST 2005

NZG wrote on 01.06.2005 16:43 MET:

>>Back to the real thread, if you could mail me privately how you got your
>>toolchain set up I would be very grateful. I've got the Cybertec's
>>Crossfire Tools for Linux <http://www.cybertec.com.au/crossfire.htm> but I
>>think as the option "-msep_data" is not supported that this is the missing
>>link to my problem of the missing GOT table. Using the stuff from
>><http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/m68k-elf-tools/gcc-3/> fails during
>>compile.
>
> I'm actually experimenting with several toolchains, but the most stable for me
> seems to be Gregs old pre-build one.
> You can get this directly off the uclinux website, but it appears to be down
> at the moment.
> We've also got it on our SoM ftp in the tools directory.
>
> ftp://SoM:sompublic@ftp.emacinc.com

Ok, got that one installed now. Now when I try to compile your version of
"Das-Uboot" configured for your board I get the same compile error when I
compile the standard uboot-1.1.2 configured for my board:

fl at linux:~/work/coldfire/uboot/Das-Uboot> make mrproper; make SOM5282EM_config;
make all
[...]
Configuring for SOM5282EM board...
[...]
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fl/work/coldfire/uboot/Das-Uboot/post/cpu'
m68k-elf-gcc -Wa,-gstabs -D__ASSEMBLY__ -g  -Os   -ffixed-d7 -msep-data
-D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0xf0000000
-I/home/fl/work/coldfire/uboot/Das-Uboot/include -fno-builtin -ffreestanding
-nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.4/include -pipe
-DCONFIG_M68K -D__M68K__ -m5307 -c -o cpu/mcf52x2/start.o
/home/fl/work/coldfire/uboot/Das-Uboot/cpu/mcf52x2/start.S
/home/fl/work/coldfire/uboot/Das-Uboot/cpu/mcf52x2/start.S: Assembler messages:
/home/fl/work/coldfire/uboot/Das-Uboot/cpu/mcf52x2/start.S:421: Fatal error:
Tried to convert PC relative conditional branch to absolute jump
make: *** [cpu/mcf52x2/start.o] Fehler 1

("Fehler 1" .... "Errors 1")

I think there's a little problem in the uboot makefile, so I'll post a patch for
that soon to the u-boot mailinglist, but this one "only" relates to the includes
but does not solve the error message.

> This is a very valid Coldfire topic, so I don't really want to do this off
> list, but since your not really talking about using u-boot, you probably
> should move over to wildrice, you'll probably find more support in this area
> there.
>
> http://www.wildrice.com/ColdFire/
>
> (I know it looks a little clunky, but trust me it's very active)

Ok, I'm posting to both lists now and reply-to set to the coldfire list.

--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock