[U-Boot-Users] My board doesn't boot - ram controller problem?

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Jun 2 19:16:28 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <429F1E26.1010508 at web.de> you wrote:
>
>>I had the following assumptions:
>>
>>1. The MPC875 will try to boot from 0xfff00100 due to my HRCW settings,
>>which cause MSR[IP] to be "1".
>>2. The whole memory is tiled with the first 64K of the flash due to the
>>fact that OR0 is 0x00000ff4 when the board boots, which should mask out
>

> Did you read the MPC8xx User's Manual about how the  processor  comes
> up from reset? Read it again, please.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

And, just to add my 2 cents, you should look at your debugger
configuration.  Your debugger most likely is writing to registers to set
your processor up so it can load and run programs.  This includes
writing to the BR and OR registers.  Look at what it is doing for
initialization, compare that to what you are doing, read the processor
manual, and understand it all.  That is the path to enlightenment (or at
least blinkin' LEDs).

gvb