[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: RPXlite configuration fixes

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Mon Jun 6 13:22:43 CEST 2005

    Sam> It seems that you adjusted CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE

No, I used CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE instead of CFG_ENV_SIZE. It's not the
same. BTW, the original comment mentioned "Total Size of Environment
Sector" which is not CFG_ENV_SIZE.

    Sam> from 0x4000 to 0x40000. Is it your flash sector size?

Yes, it is. There are four Am29LV800BB chips so you can't have 0x4000
bytes in sector (this would require 4KB sector on individual flash chip
while in fact the smallest sectors are 8KB). The board is configured for
high boot (don't know why Embedded Planet designers used high boot with
bottom boot block flashes) so the U-Boot "lives" at 0xFFF00000. I put
the environment to the next sector. The sector's size is 4x64KB =
0x40000. With the original configuration, saveenv must fail and it
indeed failed. Have you got an RPXlite board with different flash
configuration?

    Sam> I cannot understand why CFG_RESET_ADDRESS should be set as
    Sam> 0x09900000.

It can be set to any illegal address so that memory access at this
address will cause checkstop and then reset. 0x09900000 was used on
some other boards, it has no special meaning.

    Sam> Did you test the reset function with this config?

Of course, I did. I never send untested patches.

    Sam> Could u shed me a light on it?

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel