[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: RPXlite configuration fixes

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jun 6 17:06:33 CEST 2005

--- Yuli Barcohen <yuli at arabellasw.com> wrote:
> > I have no idea when we use
> > CFG_ENV_SIZE:-)
>
> This is explained in details in the README.

Thanks. Wolfgang also suggested. But I use :-)
is for joking with CFG_ENV_SIZE in the old code
of RPXlite. It confused me at that time:-)

> > So they produce other kind of rpxlite to
> > work right in low boot mode with bottom boot
> > block flashes later:-)
>
> Do you mean the DW series?

Yeah.

> Maybe there are configurations using only two flash
> chips?

Ummm, I amn't sure about it.

> In any case, new configuration should cover
> them all.

That would be Great! In addition, this code also
need to upgrade to new state.

> But it's a different board family though I'm not
> sure having two separate ports is justified.
> Probably it's possible to handle the
> differences in the Makefile.

EP uses plantcore to implement one image for all
rpxlite board. Its flexible characteristic impressed
me a lot. It's possible to combine these two ports.

> product range, more or less. In any case, if there
> are four flash chips, minimal sector size usually
> is 32KB unless there really is some flash
> with 4KB sectors. And if the U-Boot is configured
> for high boot (the original port is), why should
> the environment be placed in the middle of
> the flash (offset 0x8000 from the flash base)?

Good point. I come to know that you have the same
board as Yoo.'s. Both have 4 AM29LV800BB chips. If so,
this is really a long orphaned fix.

Thanks for this clarification,

Sam