[U-Boot-Users] Compile-time flash dependencies (was: PATCH: RPXlite configuration fixes)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 6 18:37:45 CEST 2005

Dear Yuli,

in message <17060.29833.578253.397330 at astp0002.localdomain> you wrote:

> different boards. In real world, CFG_MONITOR_LEN and CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE
> must be specified in compile time so different flashes can result in

You can define a CFG_MONITOR_LEN that matches all  supported  boards;
CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE is more difficult to handle.

> different images. I'd like to remove these compile time values. Any
> ideas if and how it's possible?

The problem is that in the current code a lot of dependency  checking
is  doen at compile time. This is *intentional* to keep the code size
minimal. If you can  figure  out  how  to  avoid  #defined  CFG_ENV_*
settings  while  *not*  increasing the code size your patches will be
welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Programmer's Lament: (Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act I, Scene vii)
        "That we but teach bloody instructions,
        which, being taught, return to plague the inventor..."