[U-Boot-Users] New NAND code

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Tue Jun 7 17:10:31 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 12:45:17AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Did anybody actually test this rewrite extensively? I don't  remember
> any feedback?

Wolfgang,

today I downloaded Pantelis' patch from GMANE archive (thanks to Andrew
Dyer for noticing and also excuse by blindness when reading U-Boot
homepage). Patch was forward ported to current U-Boot code base and
extended to support large page devices. I tested it with Samsung
K91G16U0M and K91G08U0M NAND chips.

Unfortunately patch will be extremely hard to merge, because it is
complete rewrite based on recent Linux MTD code. Therefore it is nearly
imposible to sent chain of incremental patches. My prosal is to make
compile time tests for all boards in U-Boot tree which has NAND support
enabled and report results including code size changes. Than I'll send
patch to mailing list (and posibly cc board maintainers) with request
for testing. In case anyone has better idea, let me know.

Best regards,
	ladis