[U-Boot-Users] Custom Board configuration

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 8 22:12:48 CEST 2005

In message <42A700D8.2060102 at mc.com> you wrote:

> cute porting guide - read it anyway.

Indeed. Read it. It may look like a joke, but it ain't one.

> - edit the config file for your target (OCOTEA.h). see the README for

NO!!!! Create your own board directory, and your own config file. Add
only the stuff you really understand. Read the documentation and  the
code where necessary.

> - adjust Makefile to pickup your compiler properly

NO! This is not necessary. All that needs to be done is setting
CROSS_COMPILE as needed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The connection between the language in which we think/program and the
problems and solutions we can imagine is very close. For this  reason
restricting  language  features  with  the intent of eliminating pro-
grammer errors is at best dangerous.
               - Bjarne Stroustrup in "The  C++ Programming Language"