[U-Boot-Users] GCC version for Linux kernel?

Bryan O'Donoghue typedef at eircom.net
Tue Jun 14 11:27:12 CEST 2005

Marc Leeman wrote:
>>GCC < 3.4.x (We use GCC 3.3.3 in our ELDK).
>

> Unfortunately gcc 3.4.x produces faster code for PPC. We compile U-Boot
> with the eldk compiler and everything else with gcc-3.4.3 (buildroot
> toolchain).
>
> IIRC, the difference was about >10-15% for parsing mpeg streams.

I've compiled U-Boot & Kernel with 3.4.2... the only thing that seems to
fail in this process (obscurely) is hello_world, whereas the rest of the
tree seems quite happy to compile *without* error/warning !

Granted.. U-Boot doesn't currently actually boot on my board, but,
/that's/ just a matter of time/proffering sacrifice to the gods of
SDRAM-UPM configuration. Easy !

--

Bryan