[U-Boot-Users] GCC version for Linux kernel?

Gerhard Jaeger g.jaeger at sysgo.com
Wed Jun 15 10:46:19 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:12, Marc Leeman wrote:
> > Warning!  from gcc-3.3 to gcc-3.4 the handling of the attribute
> > 'unused' changed.  For that reason, compiling a linux-2.4 kernel
> > with gcc-3.4 will break silently!
>
> Euhm. I've been doing this for 5 months without any problem for PPC.

Same here ;)

Compiling U-Boot (latest CVS) is no problem on gcc-3.4.3, as long, as
you are not addressing ARM targets and of course it works!

For kernel compilation, you need at least kernel 2.4.28 or higher when
using gcc 3.4.x - or some patches that fix these attribute issues
(and other stuff, that changed)

Ciao,
Gerhard

--
Gerhard Jaeger <gjaeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software