[U-Boot-Users] problem on installing

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Jun 15 13:31:24 CEST 2005

zhonglei wrote:
> When I tried to install ELDK on my computer, the following things happened:
> [root at RD8linux u-boot]# /opt/ppc-2004-02-16/install -d /opt/eldk ppc_82xx
>

> Do you really want to install into /opt/eldk directory[y/n]?: y
>
> Creating directories
> /opt/eldk/bin/rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> What's the problem?

You don't have a /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1 (bzip2 shared library).  Check for
/usr/lib/libbz2* and see if you have any bzip2 shared libraries
available.  Most likely not.  Find and install the appropriate package.

Sometimes you will find a newer shared library, occasionally an older
shared library, and very occasionally a missing symlink.  If this is the
case and you like to live dangerously, you can symlink what you have to
libbz2.so.1, but don't tell anyone that I told you that ;-)

$ ls -l /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 Jan 16  2003
/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1 -> libbz2.so.1.0.2
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        68659 Jun 23  2002
/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.2

gvb