[U-Boot-Users] PQ2FADS-ZU: PCI IDE

KokHow Teh KokHow.Teh at marconi.com
Thu Jun 16 12:27:57 CEST 2005

Hi;
      I have ITE PCI IDE plugin card on my PQ2FADS-ZU and there is a device
timeout when u-boot boots and try to read from the IDE drive. Any insight
is appreciated.

<whole bunch of ide_inb debug messages...>
.ide_inb (dev= 0, port= 0x1c) : @ 0x8400001c -> 0x84
** Timeout **
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
## Booting image at fff80000 ...
Bad Magic Number
u-boot> printenv
bootargs=root=/dev/mtdblock2
bootcmd=bootm fff80000
bootdelay=10
baudrate=115200
ethaddr=08:00:3E:33:44:56
ipaddr=147.128.28.44
serverip=147.128.28.42
gatewayip=147.128.28.1
netmask=255.255.254.0
hostname=PQ2FADS-ZU
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
ethact=FCC2 ETHERNET

Environment size: 278/262140 bytes
u-boot> ide
Usage:
ide     - IDE sub-system
u-boot> ? ide
ide reset - reset IDE controller
ide info  - show available IDE devices
ide device [dev] - show or set current device
ide part [dev] - print partition table of one or all IDE devices
ide read  addr blk# cnt
ide write addr blk# cnt - read/write `cnt' blocks starting at block `blk#'
    to/from memory address `addr'

u-boot> ide info

u-boot> ide device

no IDE devices available
u-boot> pci
Scanning PCI devices on bus 0
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
00.00.00   0x1057     0x18c0     Bridge device           0x00
00.16.00   0x1283     0x8212     Mass storage controller 0x04
u-boot> ide device 0

IDE device 0: not available
u-boot>

Regards,