[U-Boot-Users] Re: Trouble in cfi_flash, help please!

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Thu Jun 16 16:08:53 CEST 2005

    Yusuf> I have modified flash_real_protect() as follows, to see what
    Yusuf> is going on.  I can read status register first of all by
    Yusuf> sending the cmd 0x70. But whenever I send the command to
    Yusuf> unprotect a block I get a status of 0xb0 which indicates a
    Yusuf> failure!

Status 0xB0 means incorrect command sequence so instead of sending 0x60
0xD0, `protect off' commands sends something else. I'd try to enable
debug prints in cmd_flash.c to see what's sent. According to the log
which you sent, 0xFF (reset) is sent in the middle.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel