[U-Boot-Users] Question about MPC8272 HRCW

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jun 22 11:09:32 CEST 2005

--- Yuli Barcohen <yuli at arabellasw.com> wrote:
> Generally speaking, it depends on the chip select
> initialisations. If you set correct size (8MB in
> this case), TEXT_ADDR will not be mapped at
> all with such CFG_FLASH_BASE=0xFE000000.

Ummm, I don't agree. If set BR0[BA] as FE00, u-boot
would know how to map TEXT_ADDR like FFF00000 at
physical address FE700000 in this case 8MB.

But I do aggree raymond to try 0xFF800000 as
CFG_FLASH_BASE you suggested or the one wolfgang
mentioned:-)

Indeed, raymond should use LOW BOOT setting _rather
than_ use HIGH BOOT to splite 8MB flash to two part
for boot loader.

Thanks,

Sam