[spam] Re: [U-Boot-Users] Question about MPC8272 HRCW

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Wed Jun 22 14:35:34 CEST 2005

    Yuli> As I said, it depends on the chip select initialisations. If
    Yuli> you set BR0_PRELIM to 0xFExxxxxx and OR0_PRELIM to 0xFF8xxxxx,
    Yuli> U-Boot will crash.

    Sam> Oh, such configuration should lead to crash. But how about
    Sam> OR0_PRELIM set to 0xFExxxxxx?

This would initialise 32MB address space, not 8MB. If you wish to map
more flash than you really have, do it. You will see the flash repeated
4 times. Not sure if CFI driver will work with it.

    Sam> All I want to say is that BR0[BA] can set as 0xFE00 for 8MB
    Sam> FLASH case. Yeah, some other related setting must accord with
    Sam> it.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel