Antwort: Re: [U-Boot-Users] debug linux kernel hangs

andreas_schmidt at ifm-electronic.com andreas_schmidt at ifm-electronic.com
Thu Jun 23 11:06:51 CEST 2005

Hi Alex

I had the same problem but only with Xilinx Evaluation Board.
What I have made.
I used static variables to debug the kerenel startup sequence. In the System.map I could
see if there are set or not.
Then I could find out where the kernel hangs and I comment out this functions. After that
the kernel runs. Further a put this function in the Kernel again and the kernel runs too.
But atention: There are a function, in kernel boot sequence,  where kernel takes
parameters from u-boot. If there the Linux hangs than you must see your u-boot arguments.

I hope I could help you!

best regards

             "Alex shi"
             <alex.shi at tom.com>
             Gesendet von:                                                             An
             u-boot-users-admin at list          "Wolfgang Denk" <wd at denx.de>
             s.sourceforge.net                                                      Kopie
                                              <u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                                                                                    Thema
             23.06.2005 02:32                 Re: [U-Boot-Users] debug linux kernel hangs

Hi Denk:

    Thanks your help. Just because the serial console can not work on my
board, so I step into kernel to trace.
I think maybe the kernel init sequence can not arrive the console_init(), so
I can not get any message after run "bootm". It just told me "Uncompressing
Kernel Image ... OK", then it hangs.
Bye the way, I only the u-boot 1.1.1 and linux kernel 2.4.22 in hand, where
I can find the lastest code?

Thanks again!
BRG