[U-Boot-Users] Strange : Same 8248 image needs to be reprogrammed

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jun 23 15:46:11 CEST 2005

--- Sam Song <samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After porting u-boot on a 8248 board, I was confused
>
> by a programming problem with WireTAP. For the sake
> of 8248/8260 HRCW theory, RSTCONF must pull up to
> connect 8248 target with a No-head config file when
> there is a blank FLASH on board or WireTAP cannot
> init the target correctly. The programming process
> is
> as follows:
>
> Pull up RSTCONF -> Connect WireTAP with No-head
> config file -> Program the image on 0xff000000
> -> Disconnect WireTAP -> Pull down RSTCONF
> -> Power-on -> No serial output -> Power-down
> -> Connect WireTAP with head config file
> -> Reprogram the same image at 0xff000000
> -> Disconnect WireTAP -> Power-on -> Work!
>
> We suspected sth wrong on first programmig. So we
> checked the FLASH content with WireTAP but found
> at least first and last three bytes had the right
> content. Should I need to check all FLASH content?
> The image I compiled first is about 100KByte!!!

Ummm, a little improvement. I finally found out
the problem was due to first program itself. The
new flash with first config file could only be
programmed with a limited sector.

Programmed part location:
0x0 - 0x800; 0x10000 - 0x10800; 0x20000 - 0x20800.

Seems 2KB in every 64KB area was programmed when
RSTCONF pulls up. Still a strang phenomenon to me:-)

> Could anyone have similar experience on 8260 series
> target? How about BDI2000 on it? Any idea?

If anyone share their experience on BDI would be
a great help.

Thanks,

Sam