[U-Boot-Users] Relocation of symbols?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 29 15:32:17 CEST 2005

In message <1ZQN5YCAUQ07JHUTNMTVTZWLHCTQQM.42c27942 at pc-block> you wrote:

> NO GOOD: const unsigned char *array = 0x400000;
>
> And since I don't want to touch code common to several projects, I can't initialize the
> pointer dynamically. So the only way for me seems to be to generate the symbol as shown
> in array.S. But this doesn't work.

I still can't understand why you cannot  simply  use  an  unitialized
pointer,  or  even one which has a random init value, and then adjust
it in your board specific code, say in a misc_init_r() or maybe  even
in a board_early_init_r() function?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Fascinating, a totally parochial attitude.
	-- Spock, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8