[U-Boot-Users] Does u-boot relocate absolute symbols?

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Jun 30 19:28:32 CEST 2005

Rune Torgersen wrote:
> Wow.... This surprises me...
> I have alwayts thought that *test and test[] would be the same thing.
>
> Only solutionI can see is to change the definition in common.c to be
> *test, this will still get the address of test[] defined elsewhere.
> (See attached files)
>

>>Sure, I've tried this. This is the point, where my problem
>>arose. Attached you find two
>>small files, you can easily compile under linux (gcc -o
>>arrtest -I ./ ./common.c
>>./array.c). The file "common.c" represents the code I can't
>>(don't want to) touch.
>>"array.c" represents my project dependent code. If you run
>>arrtest it will show to you,

With the patch in place (previously sent to the list), it works for linux:

vanbaren at sherwood:~/x> ll
total 32
-rwxr-----  1 vanbaren users  200 Jun 30 13:24 array.c
-rwxr-xr-x  1 vanbaren users 8963 Jun 30 13:26 arrtest
-rwxr-----  1 vanbaren users  132 Jun 30 08:03 common.c
-rwxr-----  1 vanbaren users  121 Jun 30 08:03 common.c-original
-rw-r--r--  1 vanbaren users  237 Jun 30 08:04 common.c.diff
-rwxr-----  1 vanbaren users   24 Jun 30 13:23 common.h
vanbaren at sherwood:~/x> gcc -o arrtest -I ./ ./common.c ./array.c
vanbaren at sherwood:~/x> ./arrtest
*test: 0x08048558
test[]: 0x08048558

gvb