[U-Boot-Users] Problem with MPC8272ADS FCC Ethernet TX at 10 Mb/s half-duplex

Martin Jolicoeur mjolicoeur at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 18:31:20 CET 2005

Hi Tien,

Thanks for the reply. No, you are correct the phy code
is not enabled in u-boot. My understanding of the phy
support is that it is required to handle link events
(up/down), speed and duplex changes. If the board is
started already connected to a hub, the phy should
initialize at the correct speed and duplex.

Also I noticed that u-boot configures the FCC in
full-duplex mode which is probably the issue. Looking
at the kernel code, it seems I need to configure the
FCC to half-duplex for this to work.

While looking at this, I also stumbled on the CPM119
ucode patch from freescale which solves a collision
issue that can cause the FCC transmit to halt. I am
curious as to the relevance of this patch to this type
of application.

Martin