[U-Boot-Users] boot kernel from flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 9 10:17:18 CEST 2005

In message <1115625341.10065.24.camel at localhost> you wrote:
> i'm sorry:)

You should be sorry. If you had posted  the  full  log  of  the  boot
messages as I requested I might have spotted this before.

> i found kernel not set Ethernet addr when booted from flash.
> i will read kernel/net-device_driver
> thanks!!!
>
> boot log:
>
> smc91x.c: v1.0, mar 07 2003 by Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org>
> smc91x.c: v1.0, mar 07 2003 by Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org>
> eth0: SMC91C94 (rev 9) at 0xe8000300 IRQ 38 [nowait]
> eth0: SMC91C94 (rev 9) at 0xe8000300 IRQ 38 [nowait]
> eth0: Ethernet addr: eth0: Ethernet addr:
> ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
> ff
>

> /************************/
> when boot from ram:
>
> eth0: Ethernet addr: eth0: Ethernet addr:
> 00:00:50:50:c2:c2:35:35:b0:b0:6a
> 6a

You seem to have moire  poroblems,  like  the  driver  initialization
being run twice.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits
of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does
at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower.
            - R.  Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"