[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot for ARM7tdmi

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 13 12:41:25 CEST 2005

In message <42847E32.7000309 at fsforth.de> you wrote:

> we have decided to port u-boot to the UNC20.

Happy hacking!

> The problem is, that the kind of changing variables in the EEPROM should
> be the same (compatibility to the current modules).
> That means we have to use the same EEPROM structure, for e.g. the MAC
> address, as before.

Just "ignore" these settings - use a standard U-Boot  environment  in
flash,   and   add  some  custom  functions  to  initialize  critical
environment variables (like serial number,  MAC  address,  ...)  from
your  proprietary EEPROM if they don't exist yet. See for example the
code in board/tqm8xx/load_sernum_ethaddr.c which reads such data from
a vendor specific location in flash.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He is truly wise who gains wisdom from another's mishap.