[U-Boot-Users] Re: Low-boot configuration for MPC8272ADS

Dmytro Bablinyuk dmytro.bablinyuk at rftechnology.com.au
Wed Nov 2 22:55:26 CET 2005

> Yesterday I was on holidays, so "monday morning effects" also in
> wednesday. The link to my submmit to Wolfgang with the patch
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/19108

Hi Alex,
Sorry for delay, in Sydney we have 8.40am - just came to work.
YES, IT'S WORKING (after applying your patch) WITH AND WITHOUT BDI!!

Thank you very much Alex and thank you very much Yuli - you were right
all my problems were due to wrong value of HRCW

One more question, so it looks like BDI was depending on HRCW  - on
target board we would have a blank flash - how do we burn it using BDI
(at first time we will not have a HRCW in it)?

 > As you say "the classical" ads8272 without BCSR, do you mean same
 > flash module, SDRAM specs, phytters, etc.?
Apart from flash, everyting else will be the same. We will use P30 flash
from Intel. I expected that I will need to do some work on it. Most of
the worries were about BCSR. So, I just was wondering how easy would be
to make u-boot not to use BCSR. eg. CS0 - flash, CS1 - SDRAM ...