[U-Boot-Users] Re: Low-boot configuration for MPC8272ADS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 3 00:33:19 CET 2005

In message <436944AB.7040808 at rftechnology.com.au> you wrote:

> 8272>load
> # PPC: timeout while waiting for freeze
> *** TARGET: reset detected, restarting target

"load", i. e. load to RAM. Or did you intend to write "prog" here, i.
e. prgram the (previously erased) flash?

> I have HRCW 0x0E74B20A, (ISB100), so I have changed my BDI config
> ; init core register
> WREG    MSR             0x00001002      ;MSR  : ME,RI
> WM32    0xF0010004      0xFFFFFFC3      ;SYPCR: disable watchdog
> WM32    0xF00101A8      0x04700000      ;IMMR : internal space @ 0x04700000
> ..

Did you set up your memory controller and  correctly  initialize  the
SDRAM?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are three ways to get something done:
        (1) Do it yourself.
        (2) Hire someone to do it for you.
        (3) Forbid your kids to do it.