[U-Boot-Users] TFTP times out?

Zhen Wang mailtojarod at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 07:12:15 CET 2005

Bharathi Subramanian Wrote:

>>But the board is connected to my PC directly through a twisted cable.
>

> 1. Then TFTP is not properly configured OR not running.
> 2. Restart the xinetd and try (if it is GNU/Linux Env)
> 3. Try tftp from another PC, if that works, then try from the board.
>
> Bye :)
   I did check out my tftp server configurations carefully after
read your reply.
1. I am running Fedora Core 4 on my PC and installed
tftp-server-0.40-6.i386.rpm. I did check out it by typing 'rpm -q
tftp-server'.
2. I turned on tftp service and turned off iptables service, and
configured no firewall.
3. I restarted xinetd successfully by typing 'service xinted restart'.
4. After typing 'netstat -a|grep tftp' I could see the output 'udp 0 0
*:tftp *:*'.
5. The /tftpboot directory's permission was 'drwxr-xr-x'.
6. I could tftp zImage successfully from another PC running Win XP over
the Ethernet but still timed out from my board.
   In a word, I think I should revise the tftpboot relevant codes to
prolong the time before time out. But I don't the exact file(location).

Best regards,
Zhen Wang