[U-Boot-Users] USB OHCI issue

Mohammed Amine SAYA amine.saya at rfo.atmel.com
Tue Nov 29 18:19:28 CET 2005

Hi all,
I am trying to port usb_ohci code (u-boot-1.1.3 version) from
cpu/arm920t/s3c24x0 to our chip.
I added low_level specific functions and It seems to work correctly with
a low
speed device (mouse...).
Things get a little more compilcated when I use a disk-on-key.
when I perform a : usb start

U-Boot> usb start
(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
Device NOT ready
   Request Sense returned 00 00 00
0 Storage Device(s) found

But when I perform a usb tree I get this :
U-Boot> usb tree

Device Tree:
  1  Hub (12MBit/s, 0mA)
  |   OHCI Root Hub

  +-2  Mass Storage (12MBit/s, 94mA)
       M-Sys DiskOnKey 2730C3409173AB63

or a usb info :

U-Boot> usb info
1: Hub,  USB Revision 1.10
 -  OHCI Root Hub
 - Class: Hub
 - PacketSize: 8  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x0000  Product 0x0000 Version 0.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Self Powered 0mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Settings 0, Endpoints: 1
     - Class Hub
     - Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 2 Interval 255ms

2: Mass Storage,  USB Revision 2.0
 - M-Sys DiskOnKey 2730C3409173AB63
 - Class: (from Interface) Mass Storage
 - PacketSize: 64  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x08ec  Product 0x0012 Version 2.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Bus Powered 94mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Settings 0, Endpoints: 2
     - Class Mass Storage, Transp. SCSI, Bulk only
     - Endpoint 1 In Bulk MaxPacket 64
     - Endpoint 2 Out Bulk MaxPacket 64

But when I perform a usb storage I get this :

U-Boot> usb storage
No storage devices, perhaps not 'usb start'ed..?

Do you know why all this mess around the disk-on-key ?

Do you know how to solve this ?

Should I try code from cvs instead of that of 1.1.3 version ?

Best regards,

Amine.