[U-Boot-Users] tftp loadable applets?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 30 01:10:10 CET 2005

In message <438CE99B.9000201 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I noticed that there is a tftpboot command.  Is there a similar
> mechanism in place for uploading applets via tftp?

No.

> I had booted uClinux's compressed zImage utilizing 'tftpboot' command
> and a following 'go' command as my 'CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND' successfully.

And you have probably read in the  manual  that  this  is  *not*  the
correct  way  to  boot  Linux  images. You are supposed to use proper
image files and the "bootm" command.

> Though I haven't tried to use 'tftpboot' to load applets, it seems
> possible in that zImage is also a binary file(not ELF). The

"It seems possible." Wow. You really understand what you  are  doing,
aren't you?

> 'CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND' and some relevant configurations were configured as
> below in my include/configs/<board>.h:

And why are you posting this information? I can't find a question  or
hint of a problem?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you can't beat it or corrupt it, you pretend it was your  idea  in
the first place.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_