[U-Boot-Users] i.MX support for scb9328 cleaned up

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Tue Oct 11 20:25:25 CEST 2005

Oops, sorry, I overlooked this e-mail!

At Sun, 09 Oct 2005 01:17:18 +0200,
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Ummm... we don't have an entry in the official <MAINTAINERS file, but
> it seems Sascha Hauer is "responsible" for the scb9328 board. Did you
> nbegotiate your patch with him?

Hm, he did the initial port. Now I tune this and that and Sascha is
testing my images or patches from time to time.
The scb9328 is developed sold in our company whereas Sascha works
somewhere else now.

> I reject this patch. It violates the  coding  style  (trailing  white
> space, indenation not by TABs, etc.), and some of your changes to

Ouch! I will fix this. I even found linebreaks replaced by
TAB+linebreak.
Do you have seen this by accident or do you search for such things
with your editor?

> scb9328.h   file   don't   look  clean  to  me.  Your  definition  of
> CONFIG_COMMANDS is error prone.

Ok, how should I do it right?

> Go figure what happens when  somebody
> add's  a  new  command  which is not supported by your board. He will
> probably not bother to update your config file.

I don't get it. May be I have blinders on now. But how breaks a new
config command my setup (and not the others, I saw this construction
somewhere else).

> > It contains the code unlocking intel k3 devices.
>
> This is another reason for rejecting it. See the rpevious  discussion
> about this issue.

This stuff I removed again in the git diff (not fully I realized now,
two defines...).
I use "protect off" and for normal use
userspace tools does this from linux-mtd.

> Please clean up and submit as patch here on the list.

No Problem.

Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF