[U-Boot-Users] 1.1.3 build error

Li Weichen iaadoa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:49:10 CEST 2005

Hi all:

I am trying to build u-boot-1.1.3 for TI OMAP 5912 OSK.  My system is Debian
amd64 Sarge 3.1.  First I encounter errors with option `short-load-bytes'and
'apcs-32'.  When I delete this option in cpu/arm926ejs/config.mk, I
encountered the second error: undefined CFG_GBL_DATA_SIZE.  I found it is
not defined in include/configs/omap5912osk.h and other related .h files.  I
tried to append a line in omap5912osk.h then a new error appeared.

net.c: In function 'NetStartAgain':
net.c:579: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'getenv' differ
in signedness
net.c: In function 'NetCksum':
net.c:1580: error: invalid lvalue in increment
net.c: In function 'getenv_IPaddr':
net.c:1742: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'getenv'
differ in signedness
net.c: In function 'getenv_VLAN':
net.c:1747: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'getenv'
differ in signedness
make[1]: *** [net.o] Error 1
make: *** [net/libnet.a] Error 2

What should I do now?  There is also a strange thing that if I built
u-boot-1.1.3 with another PC ( Redhat FC3 ), the building process seems
successful without any changes.  Something wrong with configuration or else?

Thank you for your advice and I am eager to receive your kind reply.

Best regards!

Li Weichen
2005-10-26