[U-Boot-Users] EP852 : Kernel not booting ( Hangs after uncompressing)

gautam borad gautam at eisodus.com
Fri Oct 28 13:50:24 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <4361EDBA.5010105 at eisodus.com> you wrote:
>

>>The board is working fine with u-boot , the problem is that kernel is
>>not starting.
>>

>Then this is most  probably  a  LInux  kernel  problem  and  as  such
>somewhat off topic here.

  The same kernel worked fine with embedded planet bootloader.We moved to
  U-Boot-1.1.3 made changes( bd_info struct, IMAP_ADDR etc) to kernel
and now its not working.
  Note : bd_info and IMMR are _exactly_ the same in both (kernel and u-boot)

>>There is other minor(??) problem. When i set the value of CFG_SCCR to
>>

>It is a very  fundamental  rule  not  to  ignore  such  "other  minor
>problems".  Always  solve  problems  step by step. Do not continue as
>long as there eis some problem where you do  not  EXACTLY  understand
>wher eit's coming from.

    Thanks, we will look into it asap. But i see no reason why its
realted to
    kernel not booting.