[U-Boot-Users] MPC8560 DDR controller

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Fri Sep 9 11:54:15 CEST 2005

Hello, Murray!

Murray.Jensen at csiro.au wrote:
> Hi U-Boot Users, I noticed a patch go through CVS a few days ago which
> updated the DDR DLL workaround for the tqm8560 and tqm8540 boards and it
> piqued my interest - mainly because we are having trouble with the DDR
> memory on our MPC8560 board.

How do you test the DDR memory in your case?
It would be interesting to do the same over here.
Is there some code available?

> I am interested in other people's experiences with the DDR controller
> on their MPC8560 based boards - either positive or negative. Here is
> our tail ...

Over here, I am working on an MPC8540 board from MicroSys which is
able to do ECC. Currently, I haven't seen any errors looking at the
ECC status registers after several days uptime and lots of memory io,
so I think the DDR is okay.
I turned off ECC for some performance tests (no results yet)...
never had a problem there, too.

> Our processors are marked "PPC8560..." rather than "MPC8560.." and are
> dated 0412 (week 12 of 2004 I believe ??). We were thinking that maybe
> these were pre-production chips and it might help things if we replaced
> them with "younger chips". By the way, I believe our chips are version
> 2.0.2.

Mine says: PPC8540 PX833LB 2L71V MSIA QEAD0412
working fine @166MHz

Greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices