[U-Boot-Users] PATCH for cmd_mem.c:do_mem_mtest()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 13 20:27:31 CEST 2005

In message <c166aa9f05091309552efac7d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Not on MIPS (unless someone was daft enough to map it
> with the TLB).  The code causes a TLB store miss exception.
> Since this is in 'common' code, I think it's a bug.

OK.

But all you need to do is #define CFG_MEMTEST_SCRATCH in  your  board
config file, right?

> With a static define of the scratch address I can't test one of the
> memories correctly becuase the scratch address is pointing to the
> other memory, so the scratch writes don't serve their purpose.

OK, but this is a special case, isn't it?

Would it be acceptable for you if we just move the initialization

	dummy = (vu_long*)CFG_MEMTEST_SCRATCH;

below the computation of "end", so that you can use

	#define CFG_MEMTEST_SCRATCH (--end)

in your board config file?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.