[U-Boot-Users] Problem to boot with Multi-File Image

batsayan.das at tcs.com batsayan.das at tcs.com
Fri Sep 16 08:48:48 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to boot the OMAP5912 board from u-boot prompt, with a multi
file image.
I copied the  image to RAM  at address 10000000, and  and execute " bootm
10000000". The system hangs. Even the hard reset does not give the u-boot.

FLASH size is 32M
RAM  size is 32M

I was able to boot with the same kernel image at FLASH and the ramdisk
mounted as NSF.

I used the following command to create the multi file image "mkimage -A
arm -O Linux -T multi -C gzip -n 'Ramdisk Image' -d
omap/vmlinux.gz:ramdisk.img.gz linux.img"  and set "bootargs=rw" before
running  " bootm 10000000".

The following o/p I got

Pls help.

***********************LOG***********************************
OMAP5912 OSK # bootm 10000000

## Booting image at 10000000 ...
   Image Name:   Ramdisk Image
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Multi-File Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    2364495 Bytes =  2.3 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Contents:
   Image 0:   860056 Bytes = 839.9 kB
   Image 1:  1504427 Bytes =  1.4 MB
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Multi-File Image ... OK

Starting kernel ...

Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: batsayan.das at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you