[U-Boot-Users] Installing U-Boot on target via USB/serial using U-Boot commands

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 19 23:02:47 CEST 2005

In message <C4C681B6292E624DB352AC3A74B739500BA31C88 at fl08exm03> you wrote:

> I want to find out if U-Boot can be installed on my new target (with no bootloader previously installed) via serial or USB interface using U-Boot commands? I read the U-Boot manual that- if no bootloader is previously installed on the target, a BDM or J
> TAG interface and can be used. However I want to find out if only U-Boot can be used to install itself over serial or USB interface. Can anyone help here?

Ummm.. with no bootloader previously installed? How should this work?
You have a chicken and egg type problem. When there is no boot loader
then you have to use some sort of flash programmer  to  transfer  the
code into flash memory. Something like a JTAG debugger.

> (I have disabled HTML but if it still appears, I apologize for that)

No HTML. Good.

Just your line length exceeds  the  acceptable  maximum  of  some  70
characters.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
War isn't a good life, but it's life.
	-- Kirk, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8